Things you should know about using Twitter to build your business
Twitter has become one of the most popular social media sites that business owners are turning to, in order to promote their business. This site that once was thought of as only a passing fad, has become a mainstream of social media networking, for businesses. However, it is important that you become well acquainted with how Twitter works, and what you can do with it. This will help to insure that your social media marketing, builds up your business, and does not damage your reputation or your sales. Here are some things you should know about using Twitter to build your business-
- Start by listening-Effective social media networking always starts with good listening. You should build an account, for your business, then start using Twitter Search. This will allow you to listen for your name, the names of your competition, and anything that relates to your space.
- Make it human-Business promotion experts recommend that you add a picture to your Twitter account. People are much more likely to listen to what you have to say, if there is a picture they can relate it to.
- Think about others-You want to ask other people what they are interested in as well. People are far more likely to take what you have to say seriously, if you show an interest in other people.
- Provide links of interest-You want to show your customers that you are concerned about providing them with information of value. You can do this by providing links to other information that your customers may value.
- Be helpful-You wan to make sure that your Tweets are insightful and provide help, to your customers. Do not simply post Tweets to take up space, make sure that you are giving content that will be of interest to your customers.
- Put softer touch on your content-You can share out of work stories about your employees (with their permission) share things that can help your customers to relate you in an interpersonal way.
- Ask questions that provide information-Instead of asking questions that have banal answers or require only yes or no, ask questions about what your customers are interested in or what they are looking for.
- Use more then one person to post Tweets-Keep in mind that variety can be helpful. If several people are tweeting, for your business, you need to set up guidelines, about what is appropriate to tweet, and what it not. Also, having several people Tweet means that you won't be left high and dry, if your employee in charge of tweeting goes on vacation or gets sick.
- Be choosy who you follow-Your followers will be interested in who you are following, so make sure that who you choose to follow reflects well on your business.
- Make sure that you include other non business information-Remember, that you don't want to be that guy who is just constantly pushing sales. You want to include other non business information into your tweets.
- Pace yourself-If you are going to use Twitter to build your business, it can be overwhelming. Keep in mind that you don't have to read or reply to every tweet. While you should reply to some tweets, you can pick and choose.
- Find out who is talking about you-It is important to use Twitter Search to find who is talking about you and what they are saying. You can then be actively involved with tweets that make sense.
- Realize what Twitter can and cannot do-It takes time to manage Twitter, to build your business. If you don't have a plan, then you probably aren't making progress with it. Twitter can spread your message fast and effectively.