Tips to get listed in the search engines
If you have a great website, you may be frustrated because no one can seem to find it. This is likely because you haven't taken the time to list your website in the search engines. You need to take the time to optimize your website so it will be listed and will turn up in the search engine directory. Keywords and proper page titles will be able to help you boost your website PageRank status so you can get the right type of attention for your site.
The search engines work using a special algorithm that changes at random. They send out "spider's" to scan parts of your website in order to assign it a place in the search engine directory. Since the algorithms are always changing, you have to continually update your website with fresh content that is relevant to the consumer searching for it. If you have a well-designed site that is optimized properly, your customers will be able to easily find it.
So what does Google look for? According to multiple search engine specialists, your site needs to be perfect. This means all of your links need to work and you need to make sure everything is typed correctly. Broken links, outdated content, and typos can all hurt your websites ability to get listed. The website also needs to have valuable information that the customer wants in order to draw them to your site and to keep them on your site.
As you create webpages for your site, think about your customer and what they want. This will make it easier for you to write engaging website content that your customers will be interested in. It needs to be your goal to get on the first page of the search engine directories because users rarely will go past the 2nd or 3rd page to find the information they are seeking for.
Here are the top 5 tips for getting your website listed in the search engines:
1. Create a website with the search engine needs in mind. You need to create a site that is made up of several different things and make sure you have a good balance. A site that has too many pictures is confusing for the search engine spiders as they are unable to read them.
2. Create a site that is user-friendly. When people search for your site and find you, they need to spend time on the site. If your site is not user-friendly it can be annoying to them and they will end up leaving the site. You need to create a site that is easy to navigate and contains the information the customer is seeking. Use language that is easy to understand and focus more on the user's needs instead of trying to add in all these keywords everywhere.
3. Keywords can be added to the title, first sentence and last sentence in order to gain attention from the search engines. Adding them throughout the rest of the page won't do you much good and it will just annoy the reader since the page is only designed for higher search engine rankings.
4. Use the right meta tags with your website content. When everything matches, it shows the search engine directory that you have created a quality site.
5. Be patient! When it comes to search engines you need to give them time. The algorithms change but no one knows when they change or what will change. If you keep changing your site weekly, it won't increase your chances of getting listed. Be patient and give the search engines time to scan your site and rank it.