Gaining customer loyalty with branding
When you started your small business did you put a lot of thought into the branding aspect of your small business? Branding is an important step in your marketing plan as you need to be aware that this is how people will come to recognize your business and this is how they will develop a reputation for your small business. When a person sees your company logo, products, and website will they have a good impression about the business or will they have a bad impression based on your small businesses reputation?
Branding is important and it's a good idea to work with a good PR firm that will help you develop a marketing plan to properly brand your small business. Quite often they will take into account your existing marketing program and just add a few things to it in order to develop your brand and boost your reputation with your customers. The opinion people have about your business must be positive, here are a few things you need to do when you are trying to brand your small business:
- Focus on how your business is different from your competition. Although you may sell products that are similar, you need to approach your marketing from a different angle. Show your customers that you have different products from your competition and show them why you are one step ahead of the competition. You don't need to do comparisons, just tell your customers about your company so they will be able to form their own opinions.
- Target your customers in a different way. Instead of focusing your message to a large audience, find your niche market and target your message to them.
- Be consistent and make sure you are also being persistent with your marketing efforts. Your customers need to learn about your business and this will only come through solid participation on your part.
- Show your customers that you are a credible organization. Get out there where your customers are. This means you will need to head to social media sites and start interacting with your customers. Delivery quality information that is valuable to your customers and try to also deliver product discounts and promotional codes once and awhile. Social media is free and it's a great way to add credibility to your organization as you write articles, newsletters, and join discussion boards to offer insightful tips about your industry. This will help people turn to your business when they are searching for a good brand to work with.
- Hit your customer's emotions to build a connection with them. If you are able to project your company in a positive manner and you can get your customers to form an emotional bond with the company, you will have an easier time branding your business.
- Don't confuse your customers. You need to deliver your messages clearly and make sure they are timely, especially when things are happening pertaining to your industry like recent news reports, etc. Write an editorial in the newspaper and send out press releases to the media to show people you are the company "in the know" when it comes to this type of information.
Your ultimate goal with branding should be to put a message in the customer's minds. When they think of your business, they should know exactly what type of service they can expect. It's not always easy to brand your business but with quality customer service skills and the above tips, you will be able to strengthen your reputation and create life-long relationships with your customers and be on your way to setting your business apart in the industry.