How To Write Web Content
To have an effective website you need to focus on the content of your site. The right content will bring in traffic as people are searching for specific information. If you do not have the right content, you will not have any traffic and you will struggle to even justify the cost of your website. The web content that you have is more than words as there are specific keywords and things that need to be included in order to be recognized by the search engines, specifically by Google.
The average amount of time a person will spend on your website is about 3 seconds. If they do not find the information they want, they will move on. This is why you need to have valuable content that will gather their attention right away so you can get the traffic you need and to start making advertising revenue from your website.
Here are some great tips that will help you to write effective web content:
1. Titles and headlines. You must focus on writing a clear headline and a catchy title. If the title is catchy and relevant to the subject of the material, it will bring in the web traffic. Look up keywords that are specific to your industry and integrate them to your website and the title so your customers will actually respond to the information.
2. Use bolding. A great way to make your web content stand out is by formatting it correctly. You need to use bolding and consider breaking up the text with subtitles. Headers are great ways to break up the content as well so it doesn't seem so wordy.
3. Shorter paragraphs can help the reader to find the information they want quickly and it also breaks up the content so it doesn't look like a page filled with too many words. Keep the paragraphs to 4 sentences or so. Shorter sentences are a great way to break up the content.
4. Try adding lists using bullet points and numbers to help break up the amount of content that is on your site. This is a great way to draw in the reader's attention and really helps to make your site user friendly.
5. Get to the point quickly. Readers do not want to waste their time so you need to have the information that they want right away. Get to the point so they aren't searching your site trying to find it.
6. Link back to other pages where additional information can be found on certain topics. Not only does this keep you on topic but it gives your readers more information that they want if they feel that they need more detail on that particular subject.
7. Use a keyword density of 1-2% per every 100-200 words. People absolutely hate going to websites that are filled with tons of keywords and nothing relevant to what they were searching for.
8. Re-read your material often. You need to make sure your writing is good and that you don't have typos and other things. When you have content that is poorly written, it doesn't communicate the right message to your readers and they will pass by your site in a hurry.
9. Do not have too many paid advertising links in your content. It gets annoying when you are reading to have a bunch of pop-ups that arise when you are reading. Keep your content to about 3-4 links per 600 words so you do not overwhelm your readers.
Hopefully these tips will help you to learn how to write effective web content so you can start boosting your website traffic!