Marketing strategies that will increase your small business
There are certain marketing strategies that can be highly effective, especially for small businesses. However, inexperienced business owners sometimes overlook these solutions in the day to day running of their businesses. It is important to realize that marketing is much more then simply advertising the products or services, that you sell. Marketing is about finding the correct target market, and then positioning your product or service, to meet the needs or wants of that target market. Marketing is an ongoing process and can be dynamic and changing, as the needs of the market changes. Successful marketing involves having goals and plan, then implementing that plan in the best possible way. However, you should keep in mind that this does not have to be a complicated process. Here are marketing strategies that will increase your small business-
- Offer value to your customers-This can be done in a variety of ways. You could offer classes, seminars or workshops, that can help educate your target market, about your product or service. Keep in mind that you want your target market to view you as the expert in your particular field. This way when they have a need or want, they will think of your product or service to fulfill it.
- Don't underestimate the importance of networking-As one small business, you may have limited resources, but when you join with other business, the possibilities become endless. Business alliances and Chamber of Commerce groups allow you to access resources that you may not have even known were available. Joining with other small businesses can increase your purchase power (vendors often give bigger discounts for bigger orders), or you can participate in cooperative marketing. This is where one business includes:the business card or brochure in their marketing, while the other business, does the same for them. In addition, by networking you often become part of word of mouth advertising. You can gain key contacts that can refer your business to others, with the best kind of marketing possible-free.
- Get involved with a charity-If your target market would be interested in a particular charity, then that is where you need to place your business. You can have employees volunteer with the charity, have an open house, or advertise that you are donating a portion of your sales toward that charity. However, you do it just remember that you need to be genuine in your efforts. Your potential customers will quickly see if you are not, and turn on your business.
- Use a business blog-Online social media marketing, is the new frontier. You can create a audience online that would be interested in purchasing your products or services. Best of all creating a blog is fairly easy. Some online research, along with some writing ability, and you are ready to go!Just remember that your blog must be interesting, offer value to your customer and be relevant. You must keep your blog up to date, or your readers will quickly tire of waiting for you and move on. This is not only a great way to draw potential customers to your company, but you can meet key contacts that can help you grow your business through this method as well.
- Ask for recommendation and referrals-This is especially effective if you run a service oriented business. Keep in mind that asking for recommendation and referrals is the easiest when you have just made a sale to a customer. Generally customers are happiest with you right after they have made a purchase, so use that time to ask for a recommendation or referral. This can be done in a variety of ways. You can ask customers to write down what they like, fill out a survey, or give you referrals for other people who would want or enjoy, your product or service.