Hitting the fundamentals of small business advertising
Tired of advertising and not getting a response? Your entire advertising campaign may need to have a new drive and focus to it as you may find that you are not getting the right message out to your customers. Small business advertising can take years to master since you often need to wait on getting your customers to find the ad and you have to learn how to find the customer. Here are some fundamentals of small business advertising success:
1. Quit confusing your customers. A lot of companies have so many things to say that they end up putting different messages out there. You need to work on sending one single message to your customers. You will get a larger response rate by sending a single message. So what type of message do you need to focus on? You want to work on communicating the message to your customers in about 3 seconds or you will lose their interest. Make the message easy to understand from the beginning and do not send mixed message to your customers.
2. Send credible messages. The other thing you have to do when it comes to small business advertising is focusing on the message itself. Are you sending out credible messages to your customers? Are they trusting the information you are saying? You have to use factual information and you have to make the right type of advertising messages to get them to respond. How about using studies to show customers positive information about your business? This is just one way you can peak your customers interest.
3. Clear and direct contact information. If you want people to come to your website or to call you, it is important for you to send out the information in a clear and precise manner. Make your website address easy to read and see along with your phone number if you want people to see you and respond to what you have to say. Everything that is sent out by your company must be easy to read and your contact information needs to be easy to contact. Some companies tend to forget that they need to place it front and center for their customers to see.
4. Get your name out there. You also want to get your name out there as much as possible. Do people know you exist and are you showing them that you have a message to send out? You need to be everywhere which means you need to look for the niche market and where they frequently visit. For example if they are fans of local baseball teams, you should consider adding a nice billboard to the fence or at least sponsoring things like cups to be passed out. This will really help you market in an effective manner and it helps you to gain a lot of exposure to a new audience.
5. Make them curious. If you are interested in getting your customers to pay attention to you, it important to make them curious. Use words that are engaging and can get people to understand what you are talking about. Engaging words can also get customers to think and it will make them click on your website or pick up the phone to learn more about your business and what you have to offer. You might already know what it means to want more so you need to work on making your customers want more as well.
Advertising is a tricky business and you will learn through trial and error. Try not to rush your campaigns and expect too much out of your customers if you want people to respond to the messages that are being sent out.