5 Tips To Utilize SEO Correctly
What is SEO and have you properly implemented it to your website? SEO is basically website or online marketing. It will allow you to boost the website traffic to your site and can aid in helping you to generate new customers and boost sales. Using the right type of tools with SEO will make it easy for you to bring in the right sales that you need and it takes a lot of pressure off your marketing team to try and figure out ways to enhance the visibility of your website. With proper SEO tactics you may not even need to pay for online marketing as it will come naturally to your site with the right tools and things. You will be rewarded by Google for having a productive site and this really gives you a lot of visibility and exposure. Here are 5 tips that will be able to help you properly manage SEO for your website:
1. Proper keywords. What keywords are commonly searched for by your company? You need to look for these keywords and implement them into your website. Do not go overboard with the keywords since it can really hinder your ability to have a productive website. What you want to do is create pages that are based on the keyword and then use a keyword of a density that is 1-2 per every 100 words. This way you will not go overboard but you will keep the page centered around the correct topic. Google has a tool that can help you to research the keywords that your customers commonly search for. This tool is called Google Adwords and it's free for you to use! You should seek out specific keywords rather than using generic ones. Too many companies already use the generic keywords and they use pay per click programs and things to help to drive them to their site so it helps to seek out other keywords that can bring in traffic that you need.
2. Effective product descriptions. A great way to help you gain traffic is by writing up good product descriptions and having a site that actually gives value to your customers. They come to your site with certain things in mind so you need to give them what they want. It you do not provide them with original content and information that the search engines deem relevant, you won't get too far with SEO. Use pictures as well to help the customers to see more of what they are looking for with the products.
3. Proper website linking. You need to have relevant links feeding into your website. It is smart to link your site with value-adding sites that will give you more credibility with the search engines. There are a number of sites out there that you can choose from so be sure to seek out the ones that are favored by the search engines rather than just linking with a bunch of random sites. Watch out for programs that promise links as they can be considered a spammer and the search engines will block them and will drop your search engine ranking.
4. Original content. If you really want the search engines to take you seriously you have to write your own content! Never copy and paste from other websites. This is a terrible practice and the search engines will likely block you from their results.
5. Correct promotion. How are you promoting your website? If you don't want to pay for programs like Pay Per click, you should at least look into other ways to promote your site like using social bookmarking. These sites are great as they are free to use and allow you to gain a lot of exposure in a short time period.