Start Getting More From Your Marketing Materials
How much money are you investing in your marketing materials? Are you getting decent returns from your marketing materials or are they literally just sucking money out of your budget? You need to look at what you are doing right and where you need to increase your efforts in being able to create better marketing materials to reach out to your customers. Here are some tips that will be able to help you to understand your customers better but will also be able to really help you start getting more from your marketing materials:
1. Understand your customers. When you are marketing there are several different things that you need to consider but one of the biggest is being able to know your customers. When you create marketing materials that are for women and send them to men, you won't get the response rate you are hoping for! This is just a little example of what you have to understand with marketing as each customer has different demographics and things but there is usually something that will tie them all together. Figure out what this is and use this when you are marketing to your customers. The more specific you can make your marketing campaigns, the better they will be for you and for your customers!
2. Use the right action words. Do you tell a joke and then forget the punch line? You have to deliver a strong message to your customers and the best way to do this is by using action words that your customers will respond to. It is important that you focus on telling the benefits of your products to your customers and making sure that they can see the important features that pertain to them. Action words tell the customers to do something about the product that you are promoting and hopefully give them the motivation to buy the product. Show them how it will benefit their life and make it impossible for them to live without the product!
3. Is your message confusing? Sometimes marketing messages that are sent out really do not make a lot of sense. You need to be clear with what you are asking your customers and you have to really work on making the message pertain to the customers. Focus on the headline that grabs their attention and then suck them into the rest of the marketing message. Learn how to talk to your customers in a clear way and in a way that allows them to really understand you.
4. Consistency. How many times have you seen an ad or a commercial and you had no idea what it was about? There are some marketing promotions out there that actually forget to tie in a funny commercial to a company or they fail to see how to bring out their name without being too blunt. You have to look at ways in which customers relate to your company and then to look for ways in which you can create consistent and clear marketing messages for them. Consistency comes down to branding along with a lot of other things that makes it easy for people to identify your organization and to support it.
5. Never assume anything! How often do you try to predict what your customers want from you? It is important that you NEVER assume you know what the customers want or what is best for them. Customers hate it when companies talk down to them and really try to belittle them. Learn how to ask the customer and then promote your products and services based on what they say to you.