How to choose a packing supplier
For general purposes, the most dependable place for you to purchase packing materials to secure your packages is at your local post office. They can provide you with the best quality materials such as boxes, tape, and even mailing tubes for the average citizen that just wants to send a gift to a distant relative.
However, there are more extensive packing needs that exist for some small business owners as well as large companies.They need to have the ability to ship large quantities of products to many different locations.For these people there are packing suppliers that ship the packing supplies to you and you pack it yourself.There are also suppliers that have specialized equipment that will pack and ship your product for you.We will cover both of these types of suppliers.
It is important for you to find a credible company that will help you in the packaging of your product so that it will be noticed by buyers and protect your product at the same time. The best thing for you to do is to visit the site of the leading search engines and find the noted companies that do such services.One site that I have found useful that offers listings of different suppliers is Business.com.
For the small business owner who just wants to have the supplies shipped directly to your location so that you can pack your own product, there are several things you will want to consider when choosing a supplier.Among them are:
- Customer service: Choose a customer service department that will be helpful when you have issues or questions.
- Guarantee:Make sure your supplier guarantees their products and services.If they don't accept returns or don't replace damaged materials, choose another supplier that is willing to back up their product.
- No handling fee: There are many suppliers out there that offer a ‘no handling fee' service because they believe that handling IS their business.
- Customized packaging products: If you have a special project and need customized packing materials, there are suppliers that offer these services.If you anticipate needing customization often, you may want to use a supplier that can handle your needs.
- User friendly web site: Two crucial elements to online customer satisfaction are product accessibility and simple online ordering processes.A brief overview of a companies web site will tell you right away whether or not their product is easily accessible and whether or not their ordering process is easy to manage.
- Tracking capabilities: You want a company that allows you to track your orders.
- Locale:If they are located in your area, check to see if they allow clients to pick up their orders.
For those that are looking for packing suppliers to pack and ship your product for you, the best place I have found is Packexpo.com.They have a great directory of suppliers and provide an excellent search engine that breaks suppliers into subcategories according to what types of things they pack.These companies ONLY pack materials and thus have all the equipment to perform that labor.
Whether you use this web site as a jumping off point or not, you will want to find one that allows you to see what types of reviews different companies are receiving.Make sure you do your homework on whichever company you choose.Read up on company profiles and research the products they offer.Compare their product to similar suppliers.Join discussion groups.Just make sure you trust the company that is going to be handling your product because your business depends on them.