How to use LinkedIn to build your business
LinkedIn has become one of the most popular social media networking sites. More and more businesses are using this social media network to promote their business and build it bigger. Business owners are finding that this is the place where they can make important connections, generate leads and even make deals. If you are unaware of what LinkedIn can offer your business, it might be time to check out it again. While there are other reasons to use LinkedIn do not overlook using it to build your business. While there are other business sites, LinkedIn has been shown to be highly effective at business promotion. Here is what you need to know about how to use LinkedIn to build your business-
- Utilize Groups on LinkedIn-Business owners are finding that they can generate a large number of leads, when they utilize the Groups function, on LinkedIn. It has been shown that businesses can generate these leads when they use the Groups function effectively. Experienced business owners offer the following tips for helping you to maximize the Group you create on LinkedIn-
1. Increase your search rankings on LinkedIn's search section by adding keywords to the description of your group.
2. Make sure that you add keywords to the title of the group, so it can be found using Google.
3. Add links to your website or blog, to the group.
4. Make sure that you are having your blog RSS feed to every one in the group, so that it posts every new article to their home page.
5. Make sure that nay messages that you send to group members are of value to them.
6. Offer to make introduction between group members.
If you use these strategies within the Group function you will be able to generate more leads for your business. The foundation of whether your group will generate leads is if you create a group that fills the need of the members. In addition, you should make sure that every group member will be a qualified lead, for your business.
- Ask and answer questions-You can build your creditability and your business, by asking questions on LinkedIn. You can get some of the answer you need, from top experts in every field when you use LinkedIn Answers. This can show your potential customers that you know what you are talking about. This positions you as the expert in your field, and allows your customers to trust you. This means that when they are looking, for a solution to their needs or wants, they will look to you and what your business offers. These tips can help you to get the most out of answering questions, and will help you build powerful relationships that will grow your business-
1. Find a way to tie in a personal response from the LinkedIn profile, for the person you are answering the question for.
2. Make sure that you give tips, website links, additional information or even recommendations, when you are answering a question. In general make sure that you are as resourceful and helpful as possible.
3. Leave an open invitation, for additional communication should the person asking the question desire to gain any extra information.
- Run an Advanced Search in for your target market-Another easy way to generate leads from LinkedIn is to run an advanced search. This function will help you to identify the potential customers that you are seeking. It is extremely easy to do this. You will just click on "advanced" on the top right side of your home page next to the search box.You can then put in anything that will help you find the lead that you are looking for. Keep in mind that there are several ways that you can search by keyword including but not limited to: industry, business and job title.