marketing articles business management businesses Marketing sales Technology Business finance Lean Manufacturing small business Investing articles employee health

Twitter tips to build your business

Are you ready to use the social media giant Twitter in order to strengthen your business? If you would like to build your business with Twitter, you need to understand how it works and how you can start branding your business with it. Twitter continues to grow each day and it is home to a lot of businesses that are using it for marketing needs. You can gather great customer information for product research and other things as well as using the site to send out short bits of information and to gather timely feedback from them. However to use Twitter successfully, you need to understand what you are getting into. Here are 5 tips on how you can build a successful Twitter business.

Tip # 1 - Research!
Like any marketing program you are planning to start you need to do your research and to completely understand what you are getting yourself into. It is a good idea to sign up for your account and to really monitor other companies on Twitter to see what they are doing. It helps you to gain insight into how the social media site works and what type of information will really drive conversations on it. As you research this information you can then start participating in it and start sending out engaging messages to your followers.

Tip # 2 - Create a Marketing Agenda
Before you start sending out random tweets to your customers you need to determine what your ultimate goal is. You have to define the goals because it does make it much easier for you to build relationships with your customers and to start creating programs that will build loyalty with the customers as well. Create a list of your goals first and you will find that it is much easier for you to focus on them properly when you start using Twitter.

Tip # 3 - What will your account be?
As you get started with Twitter you need to set up your profile and specify what type of account it is. Will you have a hybrid account, personal account, or a company account? Creating the right type of account in the beginning will make it much easier for you to focus properly with your social media account. The branding profiles are nice if you want to do a lot of contests or offer industry news but if you are looking for building relationships with the customers, focus more on your business account. Just watch what other companies are saying and doing as you want to have a good presence but you don't want to be the only company out there that is posting conversational tweets compared to industry related ones. A good idea to remember with Twitter is to have an 80/20 rule. This means that 80% of your tweets will be industry related and the other 20% can be conversational. If you do conversational tweets stick to asking the customers questions. This is a great way to really learn from the customer's point of view and to create better posts as well.

Tip # 4 - Build trust and credibility
Why do people follow your tweets? They want to see a company that has been able to build trust with them and has also made a presence in their community. It is important that you use your Twitter account to post credible information so that you can build trust and credibility with your customers. Engage your customers and be personable with them in order to gain the right type of information from them and to create trust with the customers.

Tip # 5 - Learn
As you play around with Twitter and you do start to become successful with it you need to really take a step back and learn from it. You want to track and measure the results that come in with your Twitter account and really use this information to your advantage to make stronger tweets and to generate more leads for your sales team.

FREE: Get More Leads!
How To Get More LeadsSubscribe to our free newsletter and get our "How To Get More Leads" course free via email. Just enter your first name and email address below to subscribe.
First Name *
Email *

Business Info
Marketing and Sales
Small Business

Sponsored Links
Recent Articles


Copyright 2003-2020 by - All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy, Terms of Use