Monitoring devices for business computers
When it comes to our business computers there are so many things that we need to worry about because of how many different epopel are going to be using them. Basically what this means is that not everybody who uses your business computers is going to be concerned with safety, nor will they be concerned with what they are doing to the computers. But luckily for the most part this is a rare occurrence and most people actually respect business computers just like they do their own. But just because they respect the computers that doesn't mean that they aren't going to do things on the computers that you don't approve of, such as downloading, surfing the internet, visiting certain websites, etc. So how do you make sure that your employees are following the guidelines that you have in place for your business computers.
One of the best ways to make sure that your employees are following the guidelines that you have in effect is to put some kind of a monitoring device on your computer. Basically this kind of device is known as internet monitoring software, but in fact it does more than just monitor what your employees are doing on the internet, it actually acts like a security system for the entire computer. Basically this means whether online or offline you will know every move that your employees are making on the computer, which helps to ensure that your business computers are not being abused.
But something that you need to be aware of is that there are a variety of different monitoring devices out there for business computers, some will monitor temperatures and other things like that, while others will only monitor what is being uploaded or download to the computer. So what you need to do is to look for some of the basic features that this kind of software has and then make a decision based on what else you need the monitoring devices to do.
Here are some of the features you should look for when choosing monitoring devices for business computers.
- Password capturing
- Recording of both sent and received email messages, but you really need to make sure that this applies to Hotmail and Yahoo, not all internet monitoring software can record those email messages.
- The software works in complete secrecy, the people who are using the computer are never even aware of the fact that you have this program installed. The only way to access the information is through typing in your secret password, the program shouldn't come up under the start menu or appear with the CTRL - ALT - DEL Task Manager command.
- Something that will not slow your computer down, many software programs will slow down your computer's performance which makes it harder for you to use the computer in your normal manner.
- Records all keystrokes, including MySpace.com keystrokes.
- Records all instant message conversations, you should get a program that will record all the various instant messengers available to ensure that you can monitor everything.
- Should be able to capture screen shots both online and offline based on certain keywords that you program into the actual program.
- Should be able to save anything that is typed whether it is online or offline and keep a record of every program that was opened, so you know what your children are doing at all times on the computer.
- Allow you to see a complete list of all the websites that were visited by saving the web page URL; you can also visit any site by double-clicking on the site when you are online.
- You also want the program to be secure so that the users can not get around the program by clearing the history or cache.