5 Tips for Choosing a Fulfillment House
When you have a business that sells products to customers through phone, websites, even mail, it is very important to provide fulfillment to process the orders. While some companies choose to perform these services with their own staff of employees, you may choose to do this through a fulfillment house. A fulfillment house will basically handle the whole shipping procedure for you. They will take your products from the shelves, pack them, ship them, even send verification to your customers to let them know their packages are coming. There are many benefits of using a fulfillment house, including allowing you more time for more important aspects of the business, such as marketing and improving your sales and they may even save you money. However, when choosing a service to partner with, there are many things you need to keep in mind so that the fulfillment house is more of a help and a stepping stone rather than a hurdle and a burden. Here are 5 tips that will help you make your decision on choosing the right fulfillment house for you and your business.
1. First of all, make sure you ask for references. Any established and trustworthy fulfillment house will be able to give you at least a few references to companies that use their service. Make sure you are thorough when speaking to these companies. Be sure to ask about any negative experiences they may have experienced and how, or if, they were resolved. Also, if possible, focus on the companies that have similar products to yours, this will be especially helpful in knowing if they are the right one for you.
2. You will want to look into the location of the fulfillment house. You will need to decide what will help your business most efficiently. Some companies prefer to be close to their fulfillment house so they know that it is completely accessible to them. You may find that it will be more cost effective, as far as shipping needs go, for your fulfillment house to be in a central location. Another important financial aspect may be the distance between your manufacturers and the fulfillment house. All businesses vary, you need to decide what will work best for your company, its location, and its needs.
3. Make sure you discuss growth potential with your prospective fulfillment houses. If your company has plenty of room for growth, you will need to make sure your fulfillment house mirrors that quality. Discuss how many employees they staff and what kind of action plans they have should business increase.
4. You will want to take a good look at your company and decide what it stands for. Look at its short and long term goals and decide what values you want instilled in your business. When choosing a fulfillment house, you want to make sure they have similar principles and standards. You want to make a good name for your product, and you need to make certain they have that interest at heart as well.
5. Once you decide on your fulfillment house, you will want to draw up a contract. Be very thorough and incredibly detailed during this process. You need to be very direct in what services you will require and expect. The two of you need to be on the same page so there won't be any misunderstandings in the future.
Choosing a fulfillment house can be complicated, but it is extremely important and will have a direct impact on the success of your company. Considering the amount of time and effort you have put into creating your business, choosing a fulfillment house is a part of the process you definitely don't want to cut corners during. Don't leave the most important part of delivering your product to your customers in the hands of a fulfillment house that has lower standards than you would expect.
Search our site for more information:
Rate This Post