Top Ten Ways to Develop New Success Habits
1. Make a clear, specific commitment to what you want. Put your commitment in writing and post it where you can see it often.
2. Determine what has to happen and what changes are required to get new results.
Consider the attitudinal and behavioral modifications you must make. Create a plan to follow through.
3. Decide what you are willing to do to make this happen. Be extremely honest with yourself. The degree of action you will take is directly related to how motivated and committed you are.
4. Understand your motivation. Write down compelling reasons to promote change.
Use the pleasure/pain principle. People only initiate change when two conditions are present. When we believe behavior modification will provide massive amounts of pleasure, we are motivated to go through the process. Conversely, we can become motivated by the thought of the destructive pain we will have if we don’t change our thoughts, actions or deeds.
5. Believe you can achieve your objective and get excited about taking action. You have to believe it to see it.
6. Move forward on your own or with the assistance of a mentor, trainer or coach.
7. Monitor your results on a daily basis. Write down the things you did to support the habit you are creating and explain the importance.
8. Stay consistent in your actions.
9. Ask yourself, “When I follow-through as I say I will, how does it make me feel”? Remember this feeling if you start to waiver in your actions.
10. Celebrate the ‘pleasure principal”. As you replace bad habits with new successful ones, the pleasure you will receive as a result will keep you enthusiastically on track
Jeannette Kraar, president of Performance Management International is the Breakthrough Career Coach and a highly-acclaimed trainer, speaker and consultant. Hundreds of PMI clients have succeeded even in the most turbulent times. Jeannette is the author of BREAKTHROUGH, The Hate My Job, Need A Life, Can’t Get No Satisfaction SOLUTION. Learn more about the book at http://www.breakthroughcareersolutions.com. Email Jeannette at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit her on-line at http://www.manageyoursuccess.com
Search our site for more information:
Rate This Post