Trust the Power of Your Intuition
"Every time you don't follow your inner guidance, you feel a loss of energy, loss of power, a sense of spiritual deadness." - Shakti Gawain
What stops you from trusting your intuition?
- The Logical Mind - It's not uncommon for logic to say "If it can't be proven, seen, felt or heard, it's hogwash. Give me facts, give me proof."
- Social conditioning - Most of us aren't raised in environments where our caretakers say, "Use that intuition! Really listen to it."
- Doubt - Until we become attuned to the voice of our own intuition, we may harbor doubt. People often say to me, "I'm not sure if it's my intuition or something else."
- Inner critic/self-sabotage - Whenever you hear your inner wisdom, the inner critic is bound to pop up and offer its sabotaging opinion.
- You don't like what your intuition tells you - Sometimes our intuition rings clear as a bell, and we don't like what it says. For example: "You need to leave this job NOW." Unless you have another job lined up or money in the bank, most of us would feel fear upon hearing that statement.
You might be thinking "I know I need to trust my intuition. But how do I do that?" Try out the steps below, in the order that intuitively feels right to you.
T - Talk to your intuition. Ask your intuition a question. Get in touch with it. R - Rest your mind. Your mind can get in the way of hearing an intuitive insight. Give your self the space to clear your mind and listen to your inner messages. Spend time in nature, meditate, do yoga or something with a rhythm to it, like taking a shower, going for a walk, or listening to peaceful music. U - Un-know. Let go of the need to know. You may understand your intuitive message, or it may ask you to leap into the unknown. It's not important to understand the "why" or the result you'll gain by taking action on your intuition. S - Suspend judgment. Intuition isn't good or bad. It's purely a message from your own inner wisdom. T - Take action. Until you take action on the messages you receive, your intuition can't work its magic in your life.
Using your intuition will lead you in new directions and open a door that you might not have otherwise opened. Trusting your intuition is the key that unlocks the door, and acting on it allows you to walk through the doorway to a new opportunity. Trust your intuition and watch its power unfold.
Search our site for more information:
Rate This Post