How to use a website to market your manufacturing company
Many manufacturing business owners make the mistake of thinking that they don't need to focus on marketing and that somehow their customers will just find them. This is a serious mistake. Every business no matter what type it is needs to always be working on marketing effectively. One of the most effective marketing methods is the use of a website. Not only is this type of online marketing highly effective one of the biggest benefits is that it is cost effective. It costs very little (or even nothing), to set up a website and only requires that you take time to maintain it. Best of all it can yield big results when it comes to successfully marketing your manufacturing company and its products. Here is what you need to know about how to use a website to market your manufacturing company-
- Make it easy to use-The bottom line is that if you don't have an easy to use website your online visitors will quickly tire of trying to figure it out and move on. You need to make sure that your website is as easy to use as possible. Website designers recommend that any users should not have to click more then 2 times to get anywhere on your website. You need to make sure that not only is your information is relevant and updated but that your users can find fast and easily.
- Make sure that you have content of value-Have you ever opened a website only to find pay per click ads, banners, and very little text or picture? Keep in mind that your users are looking for information about you and your company. You need to make sure that you are providing the content that users are looking for. It is important to understand that what will make your website work as an effective marketing tool is compelling writing and content that is of value to your customer.
- Make sure that your website is easy to interact with-Keep in mind that this principle of website design is different then having an easy to use website. When you have a user of your website that wants to interact with you it should be easy as possible for them. Keep in mind that they have already made the decision to initiate contact or even buy from you so you don't want to make them go through obstacles to do so. Some of the most common obstacles include but are not limited to: having an email link that starts up their email program without help on what to type in, contact information that is hidden, or Contact us forms that are long and detailed. Avoiding these and any other obstacles will make it much more encouraging for users to contact you.
- Offer a sales technique-While you certainly want your website to educate your potential customers about what you can offer them you are missing the mark if you fail to include a reason for your customers to act. This reason to act is the sales pitch that you need to include on your website. There are many different ways that you can do this. A sales pitch or call to action can include but is not limited to:
1. Call to request a free quote-This may be linked to a short form that is easy to fill out.
2. Sign up for updates through email-You should include information on how you keep your customers information safe.
3. Request a brochure, price list, or product listing.
4. Print a coupon for a percentage off their next purchase-However you need to make that the coupon has an expiration date so your customers will act on it quickly.