Questions to examine when you set up a social media campaign
Social media is dominating the marketing agendas of many companies. Considering it is free and the global reach it has, there is no question as to how critical social media can be to your company. A great social media campaign is one that is well thought out and not one that is thrown together in a rush. You need to be able to really take a step back and look at your company and your marketing goals and to look for ways in which your social media page can help. When it comes to branding and building customer relationships, social media is at the top of the list. However when it comes to social media it isimportant to understand that there are other things that need to be taken into consideration so you do not end up hurting your business in one way or another.Here are some critical questions to go over when you are setting up an effective social media campaign:
- What do you want the outcome to be by engaging in social media? Set some goals so you do know what you are seeking to accomplish by adding this type of marketing to your overall marketing program.
- How do you plan on measuring the information? Will you use the free tools on facebook that offer you analytics or will you use other things to help you see what is working and what is not working?
- How much time are you willing to devote to social media and do you have this amount of time? Social media will get going and once it does you will need to plan on spending a lot of time managing the different accounts. If you cannot do it, work it into your budget to find a way to hire someone that will be able to manage your social media pages.
- What type of information do you want your customers to find from your social media page? Will they use it to get product discounts and other things or are you using it more for educational needs?
- If you are planning to use several different types of social media, do you plan on linking them together? Your customers will want to see you interact with YouTube on Facebook, it makes it easier for them to hear about the information. Keeping all of your social media connections together and organized will make it much easier for you to have an effective social media campaign.
- What do you plan on doing about your competition? Are you going to watch what they are doing on social media sites? Twitter will let you follow them without actually adding them to your feed. This is a great way to keep up with what they are talking about but to avoid giving them more business.
- Can you use any automation tools? If you do use them will it end up hurting or helping your business? You must look at the pros and cons as there are many instances where it can hurt you because customers know that the messages are not real and they are not from a genuine source. They like social media because it is social and will give them a chance to interact with others, including you!
- Are you planning on giving your customers valuable information that will set you apart from others? You need to stand out from your competition and the only way to do this is to work on giving your customers valuable information that will benefit their life in some way.