5 Steps To Kaizen
Are you looking for ways to improve your manufacturing plant? There are many different programs out there that you hear about like lean manufacturing and Six Sigma but how do you find the right one for your company? Assess the needs that your company is having. Errors and delays may require the implementation of lean where others need Six Sigma. A method that you want to really look into is Kaizen. Kaizen events often help you to hear about things like improving the shop floor.
With Kaizen you are going to take a look at your shop floor but you also need to consider things clear down to the product design and development. This can help you to prevent a series of issues as you are able to see that the defects you might be having are dealing with your actual design in the first place. Changing your design can allow you to save money and a lot of wasted time as you are able to keep your companies wastes down and you also have an easier time with the managing of the operations.
As you work on the right type of identification of Kaizen events you will be able to work on a product cost through the form of getting yourself some of the best products for lower costs. This occurs with the right type of ordering system. You also need to consider the reduction that will come with overhead costs as you aren't having as many troubles dealing with the production of your products since you make them to order. Keeping things in your inventory can really hurt the company, which is why you need to limit your inventory. Cost savings is the goal when you use Kaizen so now the question is how to get started with Kaizen? Here is a 5 step process to help you implement Kaizen correctly:
1. Start with effective training. For you to create a smart method of implementing Kaizen you need to be able to take the time to teach your employees how they can easily implement Kaizen. You need to check out training programs that will help you implement it but what you have to focus on is how you will end up introducing it to the company. You need to talk to your employees about Kaizen and their roles in the Kaizen process or they will have a hard time understanding it. Initially you need to look at the way in which your staff feels about Kaizen and to change their mindset about it. They may be hesitant about the program which is why you have to believe in it so you can get the entire mindset of the company on the same page.
2. Use mapping to help you with the design and proper implementation of Kaizen. When you do this your goal is to help the employees see what steps they need to take in order to follow the process and to reduce costs.
3. Now that you have a map and you have introduced it your next step will involve meeting with management and you all need to consider how you can create better products. There are a number of different tools that you can use to help you out as you focus on the design improvement for products but also for the way in which you manufacture the products as well.
4. Planning for the future. Customer service surveys and other things can give you some help as you are using Kaizen to map for the future. You need to consider new designs that you can work with and to learn how you can easily implement them so you can generate a buzz in your industry.
5. The more you adapt to the Kaizen way, the easier it will be to have a successful manufacturing plant. Use 3D modeling and other programs that can help you with the implementation of the tasks that you have created for the company now and also in the future.