How do I access my Hotmail inbox?
If you have an account and want to access your Hotmail inbox, simply take the following steps:
- Go to www.msn.com. From there, you will see a "Hotmail" icon. Once you click on this, you will directed to the sign-in page.
- To access your inbox, enter your email address and password. Make sure your address is spelled correctly. In addition, make sure the entire email address is typed into the box. This includes the @ sign and the domain name (such as email@example.com). Incomplete email addresses or those that are misspelled will not register with the site.
- Once you have entered this information, click the "sign in" link.
- From there, you will be taken to your account's main page. To access your inbox, click on the link that says "My Messages." You are now in your inbox.
If you navigate away from the main inbox page, say from reading message, you can return to your Hotmail inbox from the "Inbox" folder located on the side of the page. This will take you back to your inbox.
Another way you can access your inbox, once signed in, is through the "Mail" tab. There are several tabs at the top of the mail page, and clicking on the Mail tab will take you directly to your inbox.
If you want to see or delete you junk mail, there is a "Junk Mail" folder located on the left side of the screen. Clicking on that will take you to your inbox.
Unread messages are highlighted, and those that have already been read are not.
What if I have trouble accessing my inbox?
If you are having trouble accessing your Hotmail inbox, consider the following:
- Make sure you are connected to the network. Sometimes, internet connections or the Windows Live ID network go down temporarily, for a number of reasons. If this happens, you can wait it out or restart your computer and try again.
- Make sure your email address is spelled correctly. In addition, make sure the entire email address is typed into the box. This includes the @ sign and the domain name (such as firstname.lastname@example.org). In complete email addresses or those that are misspelled will not register with the site.
- In addition, check your password. It's easy to mistype your password. Keep in mind as well that passwords are case sensitive, meaning that it makes a difference if you type a lower case letter instead of an uppercase one. If you forgot your password, you can click on the link that tells you what to do if you forgot your username/password, and then reset it.
- Make sure you still have an account. This may seem obvious, but if it has been a long time since you accessed your Hotmail inbox, your email account may have been deactivated. If you think this is the case, you can go to the Hotmail website and sign up for a new account.
Accessing your Hotmail inbox is easy to do and can be done in several different ways.